With Christmas fast approaching, I've been busy making gifts for a couple of markets I'm attending. Today I have a Ferrero Rocher gift box with a small tag, which would make a lovely gift for a neighbour or work colleague.
Watch this video tutorial on how I put the gift box together:
- Trim a piece of cardstock or designer paper to 6-5/8" square.
- Using the Envelope Punch Board, first punch and score 1-3/8" and 3-3/8" (if you need further instructions on how to use the EPB to make a box, Google or Youtube "how to make a box with the Envelope Punch Board".
- Trim the longer flaps to be able to fold over to assemble the box.
- Trim a tiny bit off each of the end flaps.
- Die-cut an opening and attach a strip of Window Sheet behind so the chocolates will be secure.
- Assemble the box, leaving one end open to insert the chocolates.
The pocket and tag
When the box is assembled, the height should be 4-1/8" but do a quick measure before trimming cardstock.
- Trim a piece of coordinating cardstock to 4-1/8" x 6 5/8" long.
- Score on the long side at 4" and fold over.
- Trim a piece of DSP to cover the entire folded over piece (2-1/2" x 4-1/8") and attach.
- Use a circle punch to make an opening to slide the gift card inside.
- Attach thin (3mm) tape to the inside edges and close to make the pocket.
- Use the corner rounder on the EPB to round the corners.
- Attach the box to the pocket base.
- To make the tag, trim a strip of Whisper White Thick cardstock to 2" and punch using the Tag Topper Scalloped Punch. Trim to fit into the pocket.